FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Healthy employees are more productive and positive, take less sickness absence and have higher levels of concentration and output related to business objectives.
What simple and cost effective steps can employers and managers take to improve employee health?
Here’s 7 ideas to get you started:
1. Standing Meetings – the new mantra of the wellness community is that “Sitting is the new smoking”. As well as switching things up and getting your team to think more spontaneously, standing meetings are often quicker, more dynamic and action-focused and can provide a well-needed break from sitting at a desk. Sedentary lifestyles and work that does not involve regular physical activity can be major factors contributing to Type II diabetes and Heart Disease.
2. Keep hydrated – make water and herbal teas freely available. Britain may be a nation famous for being powered by tea (and more frequently now, coffee) but nothing beats water for hydration and aiding concentration. It could be good for your waistline too, as most people snacking can find what they believe are hunger signals are actually signs to drink more water.
3. Make regular breaks part of the culture – strong social bonds are better for mental health and breakout areas can encourage people to talk to new colleagues, improve collaboration across teams and improve problem solving by allowing colleagues to seek opinions and new perspectives to issues in the business.
4. Offer lunchtime health and wellbeing activities – whether it’s walking, running, cycling or getting a specialist in to give a talk on ways to manage stress, offering opportunities to break up the working day and do something for employee health can be well received and improve performance in the later part of the day.
5. Empower your employees – make opportunities for health examinations and assessments available on-site and online.
6. Reward participation – as well as better health, what is in it for your employees? It could be vouchers, recognition, league tables – you know your employee and what they will respond to, and rewarding and recognising positive healthy behaviours sends a clear message and encourages engagement.
7. Cover the basics – make sure all health and safety and workstation assessments are carried out at least annually, and that health, safety and well-being is a standing agenda item in all one-to-one sessions between managers and staff.
Salutem Health is an innovative company supporting organisations to meet the Workplace Behavioural Health needs of employees. For further comment, or for further information, please contact Laura on 0207 9932060 or email email@example.com
The GameChanger Philosophy : We can achieve optimum performance whilst enriching society through individual and corporate performance.
Our associates believe in commitment to coaching in the business and social community, creating opportunities for people and organisations to flourish and innovate, unleashing potential and creating positive change and social value beyond purely economic outcomes.
We work with your organisation to define measure and demonstrate ROI and benefits on coaching and organisational change projects, using our great wealth of business experience and acumen within the team. Our founder, Laura Morrison is an expert in revenue growth, profit and margin improvement, who pioneered coaching in Business Management successfully since 2008.
Listening and expressing opinions, consciously and with awareness, is the key to successful outcomes. Challenge is part of business, and our experts can help you navigate negotiation and conflict with elegance and ease, using models to assess personal and team strengths and weaknesses.
Our leaders working with us are committed to modelling behaviour consistent with organisational vision and values and strong ethics.
GameChanger will create an environment within our programmes where:
experience is acknowledged and shared.
robust thinking is supported.
respectful listening takes place without judgement at all levels.
collaboration creates innovative and best-practice solutions for you and your organisation.
We can create a culture of continued learning at all levels in partnership your organisation which further enhances clarity and benefits your growth.
Once you are part of The GameChanger Community, we will work with you to identify opportunities to make a difference by sharing learning experiences and opportunities centred around communities of interest.
You will recognise the value and strength of your organisation mobilizing your people's unique talents and resources to help business, society and individuals make positive gains as well as advance careers and enhance your CSR reputation in the marketplace.
We will seek to raise and enhance contribution by individuals, educators and businesses to sustainable practice. Our Thought Leaders will share the best of current thinking to benefit your organisation, through events, research papers and discussions.
Working with organisations as well as individuals who have a strong desire to take the lead and positively role-model responsibility in giving back to the wider community through supporting social and entrepreneurial innovation is a key part of our philosophy. In this work, we are proud to support Generation Success in programme development and advisory services on strategy to maximise impact and push forward the agenda for social inclusion and diversity.
Thorough and open discussion, and enhancement of professional ethics in all organisations with a healthy degree of challenge is essential for a changing society and better environment.
The GameChanger Way will encourage and engage your people to think creatively to identify ways to effect meaningful change, within your organisation and at all levels of engagement with your stakeholders.
A key focus of our programmes is to look at how you support the wider community through social responsibility as part of key decision making processes, developing personal effectiveness skills and brand value in this equation. Our experts have real passion to unlock your organisational talent to best serve your customers, through teamwork, creation of trusted partnerships and collaboration.
30 Apr 2018 07:30
23 Apr 2018 07:45
15 May 2017 07:15
05 May 2017 12:15
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved