FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The inaugural Charity Film Awards, recognising the very best films and videos that have been created for, or on behalf of, registered charities within the UK, has announced the 2017 Finalists and include household names such as Great Ormond Street Hospital, St John Ambulance, RSPCA, Barnardo’s and Alzheimer’s Society.
Nearly 400 charities of all sizes entered, covering health awareness, medical research, sports, children, environmental issues, animals, education, arts and culture and international NGOs.
Over 43,000 members of the public voted for their favourite charity films during the Shortlisting process. From the Shortlist, the expert panel of judges have chosen the Finalists. The 2017 Finalist charity videos are:
• Communities for Development
• SWIM Cambodia
• Food for Charities
• Network for Surviving Stalking
• The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales - Nature Reserve video
£10,001 - £100,000 category
• Les Pépites (Little Gems) - PSE For a Child's Smile
• Integrate Bristol
• PSDS – Providing Support for Children with Down Syndrome
• The Suited and Booted Centre
• The Loss Foundation – I Won’t Go Quiet
£100,001 - £500,000 category
• Kidasha – Escaping Abuse
• Kidasha – Street Life
• The National Holocaust Centre and Museum - The Forever Project
• Once Upon A Smile – Memory Day
• Support and Love via Education International
£500,001 - £5,000,000 category
• Dementia UK
• Aspire Spinal Cord Injury Charity
• Children With Cancer UK’s Little Translators
• Soi Dog Foundation
£5,000,001 - £50,000,000 category
• The Cystic Fibrosis Trust
• Royal Trinity Hospice
• Achievement for All
• MS Society
• Prostate Cancer UK
• War Child
• Barnardo’s – Jenny’s Story
• Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity - Support Play at GOSH
• Alzheimer’s Society – Memory Walk 2016
• St John Ambulance – The Chokeables Advert: Save a Choking Baby
• RSPCA – Our Work
• Restorative Justice Council – RWD / FWD
• War Stories
• Ashford Place
• Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) – A Night of Courage and Loss
• Time is Precious – Christmas Video
The Finalist videos had a profound effect on the judges, who included Baroness Kate Parminter, Lord Herman Ouseley and Matthew Taylor, CEO of RSA. One judge commented “The Charity Film Awards has achieved a first here compared with all the other judging I have ever done. I was so impressed with the one video, that I got my credit card out and donated to it! Brilliant!”
Simon Burton, Co-founder of the Charity Film Awards, commented: “We’re delighted to announce the finalists for this year’s Awards. The calibre of entries for this inaugural awards has been incredible and we can’t wait to see who the winners are at Awards Ceremony”
A People’s Choice Award will also be given to the Finalist who receives the most public votes between now and the Awards ceremony on 15th March. The voting mechanic will be through the website.
The winners will be announced at a black tie gala ceremony at BAFTA on 15 March 2017.
For more information, to review the shortlist or to donate to any of these charities visit www.CharityFilmAwards.com
Senior Account Manager
Tel: +447798 807 657
Part PR company, part event organiser, Exposure Communications is a hive of creative energy and original ideas. We think with clarity and produce compelling content that makes a difference.
We’re imaginative, enterprising, occasionally eccentric and very well connected. We fascinated by the opportunities that combining social media and events creates and the way in which “technology” and “live” can work together. We’re as likely to delight in a well-crafted tweet as a well-organised trade-show or brilliantly executed PR campaign.
We have worked on events, projects and campaigns of all shapes and sizes, all around the world. Our clients include venues, destinations, event service suppliers and event organisers. We understand dynamics of these businesses and the event industry landscape which means our creative ideas are always underscored by commercial realism.
05 Dec 2017 13:00
02 Jun 2017 16:45
30 Mar 2017 12:00
16 Mar 2017 00:00
06 Mar 2017 15:15
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.