FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
25-10-2017 Stop by the Small Business Saturday Bus in Stevenage Town Centre on 14th November!
The masterminds of Small Business Saturday UK (SBS), a grassroots and non-commercial campaign that is focused on highlighting small business success and promoting local, independent businesses, has announced that Stevenage will be one of their 25 stops on a nationwide bus tour this autumn. Celebrating their 5th anniversary this year, this campaign is set to be its biggest yet.
The arrival of the Small Business Saturday Bus in Stevenage is fast approaching, stopping in the town centre, (Danestrete, Stevenage, SG1 1HN), from 10am-2pm on Tuesday 14th November as part of a national tour. Stevenage is the stopping point for the bus in Hertfordshire and the SBS team will be collaborating with key regional organisations such as Stevenage Borough Council, The Business & Technology Centre (btc), Wenta, FSB, Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce, Herts Growth Hub, Herts LEP, The Prince’s Trust and many more.
Coinciding with Global Entrepreneurship Week, the event is being run in the lead up to Small Business Saturday itself which falls on Saturday 2nd December. On the 14th of November there will be a showcase of the small business community in Stevenage as part of the bus tour and the 2nd of December will see a secondary event, focused on showcasing small businesses to the wider Stevenage community.
Event schedule for Tuesday 14th November:
10am Launch of the Small Business Saturday Bus Tour – Leader of Stevenage Borough Council
10:15 Social Media – How to run a successful campaign?
10:45 Website development – How to ensure your website meets the needs of your customer
11:15 John Kettley – Building blocks to running a successful business and achieving profitability
11:45 Bas Plews - Inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs
12:15 Q&A with our speakers
12:30 Lunch and networking with like-minded businesses
13:30 Sales and marketing – How to secure customers and keep them
14:00 Close of Small Business Saturday Bus Tour Event
Bas Plews, Prince’s Trust charity ambassador, who will be speaking at the event to young entrepreneurs, said: “I’m delighted to be able to share my experiences with would-be entrepreneurs through The Prince’s Trust, to show young people today what’s possible for those who can see an opportunity and really go for it.”
Ralph Raynor, Executive Member for Economy, Enterprise and Transport at Stevenage Borough Council, said: “We are very pleased that the Small Business Saturday bus tour is coming to Stevenage. It’s a great opportunity for small businesses to showcase their work and use the mentoring and advice sessions provided to learn valuable skills to help their business grow.”
Charlotte Amner, Senior Marketing Executive of The Business & Technology Centre (btc) said: “It’s an exciting time for the Stevenage community and the small businesses that make up the heart of it. Encouraging residents and small businesses alike to support each other and shop locally. We are thrilled that some of our own clients at the btc will be able to proudly showcase their professional products and services. #SBS17STEVENAGE”
Pam Charman, Chairman of the Hertfordshire branch of The Federation of Small Businesses said: “We are ecstatic that the Small Business Saturday Bus is visiting Stevenage, where both budding entrepreneurs and longer established businesses provide such a huge contribution to the local economy.”
In 2016 customers across the nation spent £717m with small businesses on Small Business Saturday, an increase of 15% on the previous year. Over 80% of local authorities across the UK actively supported the campaign, including Stevenage Borough Council through a variety of initiatives such as the Speed Mentoring event that took place at The Business & Technology Centre.
To find out more on the event taking place on the 14th November visit: www.stevenage.gov.uk/sbs
Notes for Editor
For more information contact:
Charlotte Amner – Senior Marketing Executive
The Business & Technology Centre
Bessemer Drive, Stevenage
Hertfordshire SG1 2DX
Tel: 01923 691371
Web: www.btcstevenage.co.uk / www.wenta.co.uk
Stevenage Borough Council
Tel: 01438 242520
• For more information on Small Business Saturday visit their website at: https://smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com/
• For more information on the event in Stevenage, visit the Stevenage Borough Council Website at:
• The Business & Technology Centre (btc) is owned by Stevenage Borough Council and managed by Wenta, one of the leading Enterprise Agencies in the East of England and a social enterprise.
• The btc was re-launched in 2009 following a multi million pound development to transform the centre into the primary Innovation and Technology Centre in Hertfordshire, aimed at supporting knowledge based businesses and promoting innovation within the local community. This development is part of the Council’s vision to create quality business space and support in the heart of the town’s business community and it is part of a £7M investment funded jointly by the Council and EEDA, the Regional Development Agency and the Government Growth Area Fund.
• The btc is the longest serving Enterprise Hub within the region promoting networking, the sharing of knowledge and cross trading. Working to develop innovation and inspire enterprise, the btc also works with local schools, colleges, other enterprise hubs and universities to offer educational visits, work experience, business advice and training.
• Wenta is a not for profit organisation independently funded through the ownership and management of its three business centres in Enfield, Potters Bar and Watford and the management of the btc in Stevenage. These business centres comprise workshops and offices with a combined space of over 100,000 square feet, let on monthly licence terms to small businesses.
• In 2016, the btc was awarded the ‘Enterprise Award’ for making a real difference to the local community at The Pride of Stevenage Awards.
Wenta are the leading Enterprise Agency in Herts and Beds offering Business Advice, Office/Workshop space and Education & Training programmes.
T: 0845 371 0891
03 Jan 2018 16:00
22 Nov 2017 13:30
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved