FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Suffolk brewery, St Peter's, is celebrating two brand-boosting contracts with Oddbins and Majestic, which will help raise the profile of its alcohol-free beer, St Peter's Without®.
The new contract with Oddbins is for all of its 47 stores across the UK, whilst Majestic will start selling Without® locally in East Anglia.
“The momentum for St Peter's Without® is really starting to build,” explains Steve Magnall, CEO at St Peter's Brewery, who launched the product in August 2016. “We are gaining new retailers every month and these contracts with Oddbins and Majestic will continue to help us reach new customers.
“The demand for alcohol-free beer is in growth. Consumers want a quality product that tastes as good as their usual pint and St Peter's Without® delivers on both flavour and character. Low alcohol options are no longer of interest to so many consumers, whereas zero alcohol beers such as Without® fit the bill. That's why retailers are so keen to stock it,” continues Steve.
The two contracts with these two leading off-licenses will increase sales of St Peter's Without® significantly. “We expect sales of St Peter's Without® to grow steadily this year as more and more retailers recognise the growing demand for high-quality, alcohol-free beer,” adds Steve.
For more information about St Peter's Without visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk
For images, samples or interviews, please contact Nikki Whiteford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07733 261843.
[NOTES FOR EDITORS]
- Developing St Peter's Without® was a three year process involving numerous trials and disappointments. Munton's maltsters were particularly generous with their time and facilities.
- The development programme of St Peter's Without® was managed by CEO Steve Magnall (formerly Brewing Director at Greene King and then MD at Thwaites) and by Head Brewer, Steve Groves.
- John Murphy, founder and Chairman of St Peter's Brewery, formerly founder of Interbrand and Chair of Plymouth Gin, was involved throughout.
- Note that St Peter's Without® alcohol free (AF) ale should not be confused with any low alcohol (LA) ales. The latter normally contain from 0.5% to 2.9% alcohol and hence are alcoholic. Note too that alcohol free beers other than St Peter's Without® are usually de-alcoholised lagers.
- Road Safety experts believe it is only a matter of time before the much reduced blood alcohol limits for driving introduced relatively recently in Scotland are rolled out across the UK. Therefore, our launch of St Peter's Without® may be particularly timely and prove a particular boon to rural pubs, all of whom are feeling the pressure.
- St. Peter’s Brewery is based at St. Peter South Elmham, near Bungay in
Suffolk. The brewery itself was built in 1996 and is housed in an attractive range of traditional former agricultural buildings adjacent to St. Peter’s Hall, a moated manor house that dates back to 1280.
- Siting the brewery at St. Peter’s was ideal because of the excellent water quality from our own deep bore-hole. Locally malted barley is used, together with Kentish hops, to produce a range of classic English cask-conditioned ales and superb bottled beers.
- St Peter's brews ‘traditional’ beers (bitters, mild etc.), as well as some more unusual beers such as honey porter and fruit beer.
- For more information visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk
St Peter's Brewery has a 20-year history in brewing real ale, including Organic and Gluten Free, as well as bottles and cask ales for on and off-trade.
19 Apr 2017 10:15
27 Feb 2017 14:00
13 Feb 2017 16:00
Copyright © 2019 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved
JournoLink Ltd is registered in England and Wales, No. 08783164. Registered Office: 9-11 Castle St, Cardiff CF10 1BS