FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Continuing in its aim to dominate the UK's alcohol-free beer market, St Peter's Without® will hit the shelves of Wholefoods Market stores across the UK from the start of December.
St Peter's Without® alcohol-free beer is an all-natural, deliciously-malty beer that contains no alcohol and is brewed just like a normal beer. With customer feedback already judging the taste as good as an alcoholic beer, it's no surprise that Wholefoods Market has been quick to stock it.
From December, Wholefoods Market customers shopping at its nine UK stores, will be able to buy St Peter's Without by the bottle.
“This is an exciting contract for Without®,” says Steve Magnall, CEO at St Peter's Brewery. “Wholefoods Market has a discerning customer base that recognises good quality products. Although the alcohol-free market is still relatively small, there is a clear demand for an excellent-tasting alcohol-free beer and we hope sales of Without® among Wholefoods customers will be high.”
Launched in August, St Peter's Without® is already available in JD Wetherspoons, Nisa stores and is being exported to 15 different countries across the world.
For more information, interviews, images or samples of Without® please contact Nikki Whiteford on 07733 261843 or email email@example.com
[NOTES FOR EDITORS]
- Developing St Peter's Without® was a three year process involving numerous trials and disappointments. Munton's maltsters were particularly generous with their time and facilities.
- The development programme of St Peter's Without® was managed by CEO Steve Magnall (formerly Brewing Director at Greene King and then MD at Thwaites) and by Head Brewer, Steve Groves.
- John Murphy, founder and Chairman of St Peter's Brewery, formerly founder of Interbrand and Chair of Plymouth Gin, was involved throughout.
- Note that St Peter's Without® alcohol free (AF) ale should not be confused with any low alcohol (LA) ales. The latter normally contain from 0.5% to 2.9% alcohol and hence are alcoholic. Note too that alcohol free beers other than St Peter's Without® are usually de-alcoholised lagers.
- Road Safety experts believe it is only a matter of time before the much reduced blood alcohol limits for driving introduced relatively recently in Scotland are rolled out across the UK. Therefore, our launch of St Peter's Without® may be particularly timely and prove a particular boon to rural pubs, all of whom are feeling the pressure.
- St. Peter’s Brewery is based at St. Peter South Elmham, near Bungay in
Suffolk. The brewery itself was built in 1996 and is housed in an attractive range of traditional former agricultural buildings adjacent to St. Peter’s Hall, a moated manor house that dates back to 1280.
- Siting the brewery at St. Peter’s was ideal because of the excellent water quality from our own deep bore-hole. Locally malted barley is used, together with Kentish hops, to produce a range of classic English cask-conditioned ales and superb bottled beers.
- St Peter's brews ‘traditional’ beers (bitters, mild etc.), as well as some more unusual beers such as honey porter and fruit beer.
- For more information visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk
19 Apr 2017 10:15
27 Feb 2017 14:00
13 Feb 2017 16:00
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.