FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Seeing a gap in the market for a delicious, full-bodied alcohol free beer that really tastes as good as the real thing, St Peter's Brewery has launched St Peter's Without®, a three-year project and a major investment for the craft brewery.
Alcohol sales in the UK have declined by 24% since 2000 and with drink driving laws set to be tightened, Government advice on alcohol consumption changing and rural pubs going out of business, the launch of St Peter's
Without® is particularly timely.
Without® taps into the growing demand for alcohol-free drinks and gives those who are looking to cut down on alcohol, or who don't drink, an excellent-tasting beer that is as good as the real thing.
Three years in the making, St Peter's Without® is a real, bona fide choice even for the most ardent beer drinker. It is brewed to the exact same standards as craft ales, but without the alcohol. It is completely different to and hugely better than other alcohol-free and low alcohol drinks on the market, contains less alcohol than a glass of orange juice and is at least 25% lower in calories than standard beer.
“The time is right to launch St Peter's Without®,” says Steve Magnall, CEO of St Peter's Brewery. “Pubs and bars are crying out for an excellent quality, full-bodied alcohol-free beer that drinkers will take seriously. Without® really is a fantastic alternative.
“We want to be at the forefront of this growing sector, which we believe will form 10% of the UK beer market within 10 years. We've made a big investment, but we know that Without® is unquestionably the right product to lead the way,” adds Steve.
St Peter's Without® is available nationwide on draft and in bottle from the middle of August.
For more information visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk or call 01986 782322. For images, samples or interviews contact Nikki on 07733 261843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
[Notes For Editors]
- Developing St Peter's Without® was a three year process involving numerous trials and disappointments. Munton's maltsters were particularly generous with their time and facilities.
- The development programme of St Peter's Without® was managed by CEO Steve Magnall (formerly Brewing Director at Greene King and then MD at Thwaites) and by Head Brewer, Steve Groves.
- John Murphy, founder and Chairman of St Peter's Brewery, formerly founder of Interbrand and Chair of Plymouth Gin, was involved throughout.
- Note that St Peter's Without® alcohol free (AF) ale should not be confused with any low alcohol (LA) ales. The latter normally contain from 0.5% to 2.9% alcohol and hence are alcoholic. Note too that alcohol free beers other than St Peter's Without® are usually de-alcoholised lagers and not full-bodied.
- Road Safety experts believe it is only a matter of time before the much reduced blood alcohol limits for driving introduced relatively recently in Scotland are rolled out across the UK. Therefore, our launch of St Peter's Without® may be particularly timely and prove a particular boon to rural pubs, all of whom are feeling the pressure.
- St. Peter’s Brewery is based at St. Peter South Elmham, near Bungay in
Suffolk. The brewery itself was built in 1996 and is housed in an attractive range of traditional former agricultural buildings adjacent to St. Peter’s Hall, a moated manor house that dates back to 1280.
04 Jan 2017 13:16
05 Dec 2016 15:01
17 Oct 2016 11:20
07 Oct 2016 09:47
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.