FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Over 350 visitors from all over England travelled to Long Hanborough on New Year’s Day when the Oxford Bus Museum ran free vintage bus services between the Museum and Witney, Woodstock and Oxford Parkway Station. Several services needed relief buses to accommodate the numbers.
Two recent additions to the fleet of historic buses were on show. One of twenty is Dennis Tridents, T113 DBW, which were the first low-floor double deck buses that The Oxford Bus Company bought in May 1999. Carousel Buses had been operating this bus for the last four six years. At some point in the future, 113 should end-up looking as it did when brand new – with two doors and sporting its original ‘Park&Ride’ livery! Sadly, 101 (in the picture) suffered an engine fire about six weeks ago and is heading for the scrap yard.
The other recent addition, a single-decker Volvo Plaxton, N 605 FJO, took part in the bus services on New Year’s Day. These buses were bought new in November 1995 by City of Oxford Motor Services just after the company was acquired by the Go Ahead Group. The bus is currently bright yellow but in due course will be repainted back into its original colours.
Several of the Museum’s older buses took part including the pictured 1967 AEC renown, FWL 371E, the last of its type to be built.
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
The museum is located at the Rail Station Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire OX29 8LA and is open on Wednesdays and Sundays from 10.30 until 4.30. It contains 30 vintages buses and coaches, the earliest dating from 1913, a collection of Morris cars dating from 1925 to 1977 and a collection of 45 vintage bicycles.
The Museum is a charity and run entirely by volunteers.
ADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
PRESS CONTACTS: Christopher Butterfield 01296 337622 & Frank Collingwood 01993 811003
Company No. 4228899 Charity No. 1088389 Museum Registration No. 1667
WEB SITE: http:/www.oxfordbusmuseum.org.uk
Tel: 01296 337622
The museum is located at the Rail Station Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire OX29 8LA and contains 35 vintages buses and coaches, the earliest dating from 1913, a collection of Morris cars dating from 1925 to 1977, a horse drawn tram and a collection of 40 bicycles.
The museum is open between 10.30am and 4.30pm on Wednesdays and Sundays throughout the year, on summer Saturdays and on Bank Holidays and New Year's Day. but neither Christmas Day nor Boxing Day.
29 Aug 2017 10:15
19 Apr 2017 09:30
01 Dec 2016 00:00
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.