FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Executive media coaching consultancy Primedia Solutions is offering Jeremy Corbyn a top five tips master class on how to manage his media profile as he celebrates his leadership win and kicks off the Labour Conference.
Pointing out that his failure to win over those other than the staunch left wing side of the party, Primedia initially cites his lack of political finesse.
Their top five tips for building a Blair type following starts with him having to adapt to the audience he is addressing.
1. Create an imaginary image of the specific audience. If need be physically stick a picture of a typical audience member above the camera lens or autocue, and talk to that person, on their level, in a language they understand. Anticipate their perception of you and respond to their expectation. Allow them the common courtesy of having a different opinion to you, acknowledge that and explain that you also have a view going through your logic. Adapt to them, don’t ask them to adapt to you.
2. Create an appearance that your audience will understand and respond to. In other words, to attract those not yet in your camp, buy a second suit (or is it simply, buy a suit….preferably a dark blue one with creases in the trousers!), a decent shirt and a tie to go with it. Then comb your hair and trim the beard neatly.
Look at the picture above the camera lens or autocue. Would that person be happy standing next to you for a photo call? If not, go and scrub up again.
3. Get your body language right. Go and have a look at how one Baron Peter Benjamin Mandelson literally conducts his interviewers. Eyes, mouth and hands are the three props he uses. Do the same and you will have the audience giving you their full attention.
4. Reply to the questions, don’t duck them. It is legitimate to disagree with an interview, but do respect that others have a differing view to you and from a political leader want to know your position. To generate trust with the audience, acknowledge the fairness of the question they ask, before ramming your rhetoric down their throats.
5. Close every interview with a balanced acceptance that there is a healthy political spectrum in this country, and then pleasantly remind people where on that spectrum you sit.
As President Obama powerfully noted in his initial acceptance speech, “You may not have voted for me, but I will represent you as if you had”.
Good luck Jeremy, not all the rungs on the ladder are secure, and there are plenty of snakes around.
Notes to Editors:
Primedia Solutions is an executive media coaching consultancy which works on a confidential basis with senior executives. It is run and managed by those who have been in the media spotlight themselves and survived the experience.
Details available from www.primediasolutions.co.uk
Primedia Solutions is a bespoke media coaching company. Working with Senior Executives we use innovative input techniques to prepare CEOs for challenging and crisis media interviews across TV, Radio and Print as well as for Select Committee Hearings. Very discreet and confidential, we stand out from the crowd as we have all been there and done it….and , mostly, survived. Having prepared you we then put you through as near the real thing as will ever be experienced, using real interviewers, and real environments. Then we review. Our objective…..for our clients to enjoy an interview with John Humphrys!
28 Jan 2015 17:12
17 Feb 2014 21:46
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved