FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Since cold and flu season is now upon us we figured we’d take the opportunity to share our favorite tips for natural prevention and treatment.
• A nutrient-dense, toxin-free diet: avoid the foods that tend to weaken the immune system, such as sugar, refined grains, industrial seed oils and processed and refined foods.
• Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil (EVCLO): This is rich with fat-soluble vitamins that regulate and support the immune system, and fatty acids like EPA and DHA that reduce inflammation. It also seems to have some kind of synergistic quality above and beyond the individual nutrients it contains that powerfully boosts immunity.
• Liver. Liver is nature’s multi-vitamin. It’s the most nutrient-dense food on the planet. Remember that it is essential to eat meat and organ meats from animals that have been raised on fresh pasture without hormones, antibiotics or commercial feed. Pasture-raised animal products are much higher in nutrients than animal products that come from commercial feedlots. For example, meat from pasture-raised animals has 2-4 times more omega-3 fatty acids than meat from commercially-raised animals. And pasture-raised eggs have been shown to contain up to 19 times more omega-3 fatty acids than supermarket eggs! In addition to these nutritional advantages, pasture-raised animal products benefit farmers, local communities and the environment.
• Bone broth. Grandma knew best! Homemade bone broth is rich with easily absorbable minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, sulfur, and trace minerals difficult to obtain elsewhere. Check out the Weston A. Price article http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/broth-is-beautiful/ for recipes and more information.
• Fermented foods and/or probiotics: 70-80% of our immune system is in our gut. If you have intestinal dysbiosis or poor gut flora, you’ll be more susceptible to viral and bacterial infections including colds.
• Vitamin C: when cold and flu season rolls around, it may well be useful to supplement with 1g per day as a precaution.
• Vitamin D. Vitamin D plays a powerful immunoregulatory role. For most people, the EVCLO should be enough to maintain adequate vitamin D levels. However, some people require higher doses of vitamin D to keep their 25D levels in the desired range of 35-60 ng/mL. This is especially true of those with obesity or inflammation, because these conditions impair the conversion of sunlight to vitamin D. Dosage: 2,000 – 4,000 IU per day depending on beginning level and amount of EVCLO you’re taking.
• Sleep and rest. Getting adequate sleep and rest is perhaps the most important thing you can do to optimize your immune function. Just a few nights of not sleeping well can elevate inflammatory markers and reduce the protective capability of your immune system. That’s why it’s a good idea to go to bed earlier, sleep longer and rest more in the winter season.
Sometimes despite our best efforts, a virus slips through our defenses and our immune system is called into action. Here are a few things in addition to the above that you can to do fight off the cold or flu and shorten its lifespan.
• More EVCLO: double or even triple your dose to get more immune-boosting fat-soluble vitamins into your system.
• Take Therapeutic Enzymes - The immune system is constantly faced with the challenge of protecting the body from environmental threats. Nearly all threats contain a protein component that the immune system must identify and break down. Enzymes that break down protein (proteolytic) can support this immune process. When the immune system is functioning optimally, systemic health is enhanced. Enzymedica supply a therapeutic enzyme called Enzyme Defense™ which contains an enzyme blend that provides support to purify the body and assist in removing proteins that do not belong in the bloodstream. This allows the immune system to focus on areas of need. Additional enzymes are included to break down excess mucus and promote healthy circulation. Enzyme Defense is not an “immune stimulator,” rather a supporter of healthy immune function. Recommended Use: 1 capsule twice daily on an empty stomach, one hour before or two hours after a meal. If a therapeutic enzyme is taken with food it gets used by the body mainly as a digestive enzyme.
• Ginger honey-lemon tea with optional additions: ginger has anti-microbial and can help with nausea and G.I. upset that comes with certain strains of flu. Lemon is a good natural source of vitamin C, and has a soothing quality on a sore throat – especially when combined with honey. Honey is a time-honored cough remedy, and recent research suggests that it may be an effective cough suppressant. (Important note: never give honey to kids under 1-year of age.) Optional additions to this tea could include fresh garlic (anti-microbial), a pinch of cayenne pepper (to help break up mucous) and other warming herbs like cinnamon and clove.
• Sweat it out: in Chinese medicine, sweating is recommended at the early stages of a cold. The best way to do this is to take a very hot bath. We also recommend adding herbs and essential oils that promote sweating, such as wintergreen, eucalyptus, rosemary and thyme.
• Increase probiotic intake. The one we find the most helpful is a new product from America called Just THRIVE™, which is particularly helpful at the early stages of a cold.
• Rest, rest, rest. Again, there’s no better remedy for a cold or flu than rest.
• Zinc. Research suggests that zinc can reduce the duration and severity of a cold, but only if started at the early onset of cold symptoms.
Have a chat with your local nutritional therapist (www.bant.org.uk) or your local health food store and see what other natural ideas they can suggest for you.
Enzymedica is a Florida company that was founded in 1998 with the purpose of offering our customers the highest-potency enzyme products possible. Today, as one of the leaders in the industry, we still strive for no less.
We believe knowledge has the power to change lives. Our goal of educating people about the importance of enzymes in overall health is what motivates Enzymedica every day.
All of our products are made from only the highest quality enzymes and contain absolutely no fillers to ensure purity. Every product is 100% vegetarian, and we seek out vegan and Kosher ingredients whenever possible. Each product is specifically formulated to provide targeted support for common digestive discomforts, food intolerances, cardiovascular health, proper immune function or healthy inflammatory responses.
Enzymedica’s Quality Pledge
We respect consumers’ desire to make healthy dietary choices. Enzymedica routinely tests our products for gluten and other ingredients in accordance with cGMP guidelines.
Hi-res images upon request
Tel: 0845 528 1296
THE ENZYMEDICA DIFFERENCE
For over 20 years Enzymedica has been researching, creating and producing exclusive blends of plant-based digestive enzymes for digestive health and food intolerances. With exceptional quality and purity utilized at point of manufacture, Enzymedica is dedicated to providing enzyme-focused supplements at the most therapeutic levels available in the natural foods industry. Enzymedica’s unique, patented TheraBlend ™ and TherActive™ delivery technologies allow for up to 6 x faster absorption in the digestive system. All Enzymedica products provide immediate bioavailability, have absolutely no fillers, and are 100% vegetarian.
AWARD WINNING DIGESTIVE PRODUCTS
Enzymedica’s enzyme formulas lead the industry in quality and efficacy and have a line of award winning products that have been honoured by both retailers and consumers. Digest™ and Digest Gold™ are the two top selling digestive enzymes in the USA market place, according to SPINS, a market research and consulting firm for the Natural Products Industry. Enzymedica UK is fast gaining awards and recognition for the brand by consumers and independent health food store owners alike. The Janey Loves Platinum Award 2017 for Digest Gold is the latest UK consumer recognition for the excellence of the brand.
EDUCATION, SUPPORT & INFORMATION
Enzymes do so much more than relieve the symptoms often associated with digestive distress such as heartburn, indigestion and bloating. They are the foundation to good health and have been called the “spark of life”. Enzymedica believes that knowledge has the power to change lives and is committed to providing education and research that propels individuals on the path to vibrant health. Digestive health questions will be answered by the Enzymedica team of health experts.
AUTISM HOPE ALLIANCE
Dedicated to digestive health worldwide, Enzymedica provides financial support and educational outreach to the autism community and beyond. In 2009 Tom Bohager, Founder of Enzymedica, founded the Autism Hope Alliance (AHA), a non-profit organisation dedicated to raising funds for autism awareness and treatment.
TMC Ventures Europe Ltd. is proud to be the exclusive distributor for Enzymedica UK & Ireland. TMC Ventures is an importing and distribution company that focuses on innovative, interesting and differentiated products - making a healthy difference in the lives of their customers.
TMC Ventures provides a boutique management and consulting service to American Brands that wish to gain market presence in the UK and Europe.
31 Jul 2017 23:45
31 Mar 2017 23:45
31 Jan 2017 23:45
30 Sep 2016 23:45
31 Aug 2016 23:45
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.