JournoLink uses cookies JournoLink requires cookies to function. You can read more in our Privacy Policy

Oxford Bus Museum

Oxford Bus Museum Welcomes Budget change

24 March 2015 10:12


The abolition of Vehicle Excise Duty on vehicles first registered before 1 January 1976 was announced in the Chancellor’s Budget. This will enable the museum to put more of its collection of Vintage Oxford buses on the road and have a wider selection of different types of buses available for use on its popular free bus rides which are run on the first and third Sundays of the month from April to October at 12.15 and 2.45pm. The pictured AEC Renown FWL 371E, which was first registered in 1967 by The City of Oxford Bus Company, is owned by the Museum and will qualify for the tax relief from 1 April 2016.

Download as PDF | Report this press release

Attached Images

Press Contacts

Chris Butterfield


Tel: 01296 337622


Frank Collingwood

Tel: 01993811003


About Oxford Bus Museum

The museum is located at the Rail Station Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire OX29 8LA and contains 35 vintages buses and coaches, the earliest dating from 1913, a collection of Morris cars dating from 1925 to 1977, a horse drawn tram and a collection of 40 mainly nineteenth century bicycles.

The museum is open between 10.30am and 4.30pm on Wednesdays and Sundays throughout the year, on summer Saturdays and on Bank Holidays and New Year's Day but neither Christmas Day nor Boxing Day. There is a cafe and shop. The museum is run entirely by volunteers.

View JournoLink Profile


Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn


For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit