FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Following its launch in early August, St Peter's Without® Alcohol-Free Beer has quickly made a name for itself with foreign buyers, securing deals with over 15 different countries.
Since the end of August the craft brewery based in Suffolk has been busy shipping out cases of Without® to Canada, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, The Netherlands, France and Mexico, among others, fulfilling the demand for something new and delicious in the low/alcohol-free beer sector.
“The demand for Without® among foreign buyers has been intense from the outset,” reveals Steve Magnall, CEO at St Peter's Brewery.
“We knew when we launched that Europe and beyond were crying out for a high-quality and full-bodied alcohol-free beer as existing beers in this category are dealcoholised lagers and quite 'thin'. We felt strongly that Without® could be the answer. It seems clear already that it is,” he adds.
St Peter's Brewery spent three years developing Without® – an alcohol-free beer that is comparable to a normal pint – to ensure that consumers finally have a choice. “Without® is a great beer. It is rich, full-bodied and malty and the feedback we've been getting has been fantastic,” continues Steve. “We hope to grow our export sales for this product and see Without® stocked in countries all over the world.”
St Peter's Without® is available nationwide on draft and in the bottle in pubs and supermarkets.
For more information visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk or call 01986 782322. For images, samples or interviews contact Nikki on 07733 261843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
[NOTES FOR EDITORS]
- Developing St Peter's Without® was a three year process involving numerous trials and disappointments. Munton's maltsters were particularly generous with their time and facilities.
- The development programme of St Peter's Without® was managed by CEO Steve Magnall (formerly Brewing Director at Greene King and then MD at Thwaites) and by Head Brewer, Steve Groves.
- John Murphy, founder and Chairman of St Peter's Brewery, formerly founder of Interbrand and Chair of Plymouth Gin, was involved throughout.
- Note that St Peter's Without® alcohol free (AF) ale should not be confused with any low alcohol (LA) ales. The latter normally contain from 0.5% to 2.9% alcohol and hence are alcoholic. Note too that alcohol free beers other than St Peter's Without® are usually de-alcoholised lagers.
- Road Safety experts believe it is only a matter of time before the much reduced blood alcohol limits for driving introduced relatively recently in Scotland are rolled out across the UK. Therefore, our launch of St Peter's Without® may be particularly timely and prove a particular boon to rural pubs, all of whom are feeling the pressure.
- St. Peter’s Brewery is based at St. Peter South Elmham, near Bungay in
Suffolk. The brewery itself was built in 1996 and is housed in an attractive range of traditional former agricultural buildings adjacent to St. Peter’s Hall, a moated manor house that dates back to 1280.
- Siting the brewery at St. Peter’s was ideal because of the excellent water quality from our own deep bore-hole. Locally malted barley is used, together with Kentish hops, to produce a range of classic English cask-conditioned ales and superb bottled beers.
- St Peter's brews ‘traditional’ beers (bitters, mild etc.), as well as some more unusual beers such its 'lifestyle' range which include Gluten Free and Organic ales.
- For more information visit www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk
19 Apr 2017 10:15
27 Feb 2017 14:00
13 Feb 2017 16:00
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.