FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The longer days are here, it’s starting to get a little warmer and the smell of Spring is wafting through the air - it’s time to start to thinking about Summer. We need to wake our bodies up from the fatigue of Winter and grab some get up and go. Healthy eating is a part of this and beginning the day with a tasty, nutritious option gives you the best chance of continuing in a more virtuous vein.
Here are some quick and easy breakfast ideas to banish the winter blues and put a spring in your step:
1. Fresh fruit is the perfect start to the day and is so versatile. A simple pink grapefruit cut in half is a delicious option; made even better if popped under a hot grill for a few moments to caramelise the fruit segments.
2. Homemade granola with Greek yoghurt and a few summer berries or banana slices fills you up with nutritious goodness with all of the oats, nuts and seeds. If you don’t have the time or inclination to make granola yourself try TrooGranola. TrooGranola make fresh granola by hand every week and send it in the post direct to your door; so yummy and really convenient, see www.troogranola.com .
3. Bircher Muesli is easy to make at home. Simply soak jumbo oats in a little apple juice overnight, mixing with your favourite yoghurt in the morning. Again you can add fresh fruit, toasted seeds and nuts or a sprinkle of granola to add a more interesting texture. Less effort than you think!
4. A high protein omelette can be a powerful muscle builder after morning exercise. Include vegetables like kale and red peppers along with linseeds or pumpkin seeds to boost the goodies.
5. Avocado on warm rye bread with a poached egg or on its own with cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar is a little bit different and is totally scrumptious.
6. For a weekend indulgence try cinnamon crepes with nut butter and banana slices. For speed and convenience use a bullet-type blender to make the pancake mix.
7. Kids (and grownups) love a breakfast sundae to start the day. Layer yoghurt, fresh (or frozen) fruit, granola or other cereals a few times, finishing off with a drizzle of honey for a fun, beautiful and super healthy brekkie.
At TrooGranola we want to make breakfast time an unmissable occasion by making our delicious, freshly toasted, hand turned granola and delivering it right to your door.
In moments you can have a bowl of the freshest granola with some yoghurt or milk; or if you’re in a rush you can grab some and eat it on the move.
We toast our granola in small batches at TrooFoods HQ by the sea in Folkestone and ship it to you within 24 hours. The freshest, most convenient granola around!
Helenor Rogers launched TrooFoods Ltd and the TrooGranola brand in January 2016 as it combined a few of her greatest passions – getting people to eat better food (especially for breakfast); building stronger communities and community spirit and entrepreneurship.
She has been on the look out for a great idea where she could put her energy and enthusiasm to good use for many years; and now the time has come…
Inspiration : the fact that there are 2.6bn missed breakfasts in the UK every year!
Ambition : to leave a legacy of positivity; in terms of spreading a ‘can do’ attitude; having a strong community impact and enjoying a happy, thriving family life.
19 Jun 2017 12:30
06 Mar 2017 13:45
09 Feb 2017 15:45
04 Nov 2016 12:15
01 Sep 2016 13:00
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.