FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The longer days are here, it’s starting to get a little warmer and the smell of Spring is wafting through the air - it’s time to start to thinking about Summer. We need to wake our bodies up from the fatigue of Winter and grab some get up and go. Healthy eating is a part of this and beginning the day with a tasty, nutritious option gives you the best chance of continuing in a more virtuous vein.
Here are some quick and easy breakfast ideas to banish the winter blues and put a spring in your step:
1. Fresh fruit is the perfect start to the day and is so versatile. A simple pink grapefruit cut in half is a delicious option; made even better if popped under a hot grill for a few moments to caramelise the fruit segments.
2. Homemade granola with Greek yoghurt and a few summer berries or banana slices fills you up with nutritious goodness with all of the oats, nuts and seeds. If you don’t have the time or inclination to make granola yourself try TrooGranola. TrooGranola make fresh granola by hand every week and send it in the post direct to your door; so yummy and really convenient, see www.troogranola.com .
3. Bircher Muesli is easy to make at home. Simply soak jumbo oats in a little apple juice overnight, mixing with your favourite yoghurt in the morning. Again you can add fresh fruit, toasted seeds and nuts or a sprinkle of granola to add a more interesting texture. Less effort than you think!
4. A high protein omelette can be a powerful muscle builder after morning exercise. Include vegetables like kale and red peppers along with linseeds or pumpkin seeds to boost the goodies.
5. Avocado on warm rye bread with a poached egg or on its own with cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar is a little bit different and is totally scrumptious.
6. For a weekend indulgence try cinnamon crepes with nut butter and banana slices. For speed and convenience use a bullet-type blender to make the pancake mix.
7. Kids (and grownups) love a breakfast sundae to start the day. Layer yoghurt, fresh (or frozen) fruit, granola or other cereals a few times, finishing off with a drizzle of honey for a fun, beautiful and super healthy brekkie.
TrooFoods is on mission to inspire people to be passionate about gut health and to bring a smile to gut healthy eating through their range of delicious high fibre, low sugar, gluten free products in plastic free packaging.
Kicking it off with breakfast; they are launching a scrumptious range of ready to eat Troo Granola especially designed to provide a gut healthy start to the day. One bowl provides more than 25% of your daily fibre needs; is less than 3% sugar and has as much protein as an egg. Packed with prebiotics it also provides slow release energy and keeps you full ‘til lunch.
Husband and wife team, Helenor and Michael Rogers are behind TrooFoods Ltd. They set up their ambitious family business after 25+ years each in the corporate world. Passionate about food and health; they want to inspire others to eat better to enjoy a healthy, happy life.
01 Feb 2018 14:45
19 Jun 2017 12:30
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.