FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Today’s trade balance data underlines the need for government to help small and medium-sized businesses, according to the Forum of Private Business.
Ian Cass, Chief Executive of the FPB, said: “It is constantly said that businesses are the ‘backbone’ of the economy, so now is the time for the government to back this up.
“As Brexit negotiations roll on, businesses will need certainty and stability, but also the support to grow, and for many overseas markets are an important part of this.
“The Forum is asking the government to back our Get Britain Trading campaign so we can breathe new life into the important businesses that give so much to our economy”
The ‘Get Britain Trading’ campaign has six key elements:
1. Helping to improve the performance and productivity of members
2. Re-launching the ‘Hall of Shame’ to highlight bad behaviour of UK businesses, which damage the trust and reputation of UK PLC.
3. Ethical and compliant behaviour from businesses, for which the Forum has developed an Ethical Workbook and a Compliance Handbook, both of which are being circulated to members in the coming months.
4. Creation of a Business Partner Scheme, with members registering to host Ministers, local MPs, Civil Servants and Educational Establishments to come and work within their businesses for a few hours, and gain a deeper understanding of the issues that they face on a day to day basis.
5. Provision of clear and direct feedback from members to Government with a view to ensuring all initiatives from Government are kept simple and workable.
6. Lobbying for a smooth Brexit transition and for a favourable post-Brexit business environment, across the Forum’s already issued Post Brexit Plan.
Tel: 01565 626023
01 Aug 2017 14:30
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.