FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Forum is advising members to continue with business as usual and, while the political landscape has changed, ultimately commerce has not.
Ian Cass, Managing Director of the Forum of Private Business, has 5 key suggestions to help employers to respond effectively to the decision to vote to leave.
1. Keep a positive frame of mind, at times of great change there are always new opportunities to watch out for and it also provides business with an opportunity to try new ideas and do things differently
2. Make sure you have a plan for your business, be in control don’t let the circumstances control you
3. Make sure you keep a close eye on your cash flow and stay in control of your finances.
4. Talk to your employees and make sure they are reassured and motivated.
5. Conduct business as usual, keep calm and deal with what’s put in front of you.
“The British people have made their decision and rather than focussing on division and recriminations we now need to get on with business. Inevitably there will be a period of uncertainty and the first thing we need from our leaders is a calm and measured response that builds confidence and a positive view to move the economy forward”, said Ian Cass.
About Forum of Private Business
The Forum of Private Business is a not-for-profit comprehensive business support organisation founded in 1977. Our membership is spread throughout the UK and primarily made up of companies that employ between 1-50 employees, helping them to manage employees, saving time, giving advice, support and protection where a business needs it.
We are a recognised leading authority on business issues and represent the interests of business owners on many consultative bodies. We have built a solid reputation, being influential in many areas of policy-making, in changing laws that affect small businesses, and we continue to campaign for the fair treatment of businesses within the UK.
Everything we do is about making sure our members’ businesses operate profitably. This means that every penny we make goes back in to supporting our members, providing the support and resources that will enable businesses to flourish and grow.
More from Forum of Private Business
29 Aug 2018 14:15
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved