FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Disruptive digital tool Openr - named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's must-have marketing tools for 2015 – is now shaking up the world of email marketing.
Email marketing has long been a channel trusted by marketers: It was ranked as the best channel in terms of return on investment in a recent Econsultancy report and companies attribute 23% of their total sales to this channel. But marketers can only tap into this ROI if they have a substantial and quality list - hence the top pain point for 54% of marketers being list growth, closely followed by list maintenance at 41% .
Buying a list is of course always an option but of marketers who bought an email list, only a paltry 9% said it was effective . This demonstrates why so much effort is put in to grow lists organically via restricted content and social media, but even then 40% say social media sharing is one of the most difficult tactics for list growth .
Fortunately, email marketers now have a new tool in their list-growing armoury; one that lets them grow their email database from all the content sharing that they’re already doing on social media.
Openr lets marketers add their own promotional message on to almost any page that they share – whether it’s their own content or third-party content - and now that promotional message can collect email subscriptions too - see one in action at Openr.co/3hJ
Until now, the focus for Openr has been on driving traffic, but now, the Openr team have expanded the tool to include email data capture within the Openr window – meaning that users can capture sign-ups and increase their email database direct from the content that they share – especially all that sharing on social media.
The Openr team are always looking for ways to close the gap between social sharing and measurable action, and they noticed that early users were making their email-newsletter sign up page a regular Openr call-to-action. Spotting the need, they worked with a small team of regular users to expand Openr to offer the email data capture option directly.
This new functionality joins the existing Openr platform that includes Multi-Profile users – for those managing more than one brand; Message targeting – that shows a different promotional message automatically depending on location, language or device; and the extensive Analytics dashboard, that tracks every link created so that digital marketing pro’s have the stats they need to really prove results from their sharing efforts.
- 1st Source: 8th Email Marketing Industry Census Econsultancy - https://econsultancy.com/reports/email-census
- 2nd Source: FOLIO Survey with Lyris conducted in Sept 2014 with 182 respondents:
- 3rd Source: Hubspot Inbound Marketing Stats and Charts: http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/2013-inbound-marketing-stats-charts
- 4th Source: Ascend2 Email Marketing Report February 2015 http://www.marketingprofs.com/charts/2015/26938/how-marketers-grow-their-email-lists#ixzz3VTlptHck
Co-founder and MD
Tel: +44 (0)7850220354 or +44 (0)207 759 1240
As a disruptive mad-tech platform recently named Future50 and one of Entrepreneur Magazine's must-have marketing tools, Openr is shaking up the world of content marketing.
• New content-sharing platform Openr is all about engaging the engaged: Social and content marketers use our platform to add a message with a clear call-to-action to all the content that they share – on social, on email, even via paid-for distribution - unlocking the right action, at the right time, with the right audience. When consumers are engaged with the content being share, they're much more likely to tune into a brand message. That's why Openr messages get an average 5% CTR;
• Openr was co-founded by established and award-winning entrepreneurial team Christina Richardson and Vitaly Yakovlev;
• Openr was accepted into the leading London accelerator programme Accelerator Academy in January 2015;
• Openr was selected as one of the British Future 50 in March 2016;
• Openr was picked at the winner of the Cannes Lions Innovation Start-up competition in May 2016.
About the founders:
• Christina Richardson – aka co-founder and CMO at Openr – is a bit of a marketing pro. After starting her first business at 19, she went on to spend much of her career managing and growing FMCG brands worth in excess of £100 million, then turned her hand to young start-up brands, and has never looked back since. She is a business mentor at University College London, a Titan for School for Start-ups, a regular speaker at industry events, and has written for the likes of Marketing Donut, and Business Matters, as well as the business publications of GrowthAccelerator, HSBC, BT and Vodafone.
• Vitaly Yakovlev – aka co-founder and CTO at Openr - is the IT brains and visionary behind Openr. At the age of 7 he got his first computer and by the age of 10 he had created and sold his first software - beginning a lifetime of passion for all things techie. He went to the University of Aerospace Instrumentation, so rocket-science is exactly up his street. While studying he developed real-time software systems that were used by the Nuclear Energy, Telecoms and Aerospace industries and upon graduation Vitaly started his software development company that grew to operate in 3 countries on 2 continents – creating bespoke software platforms for large corporations and exciting start-up brands alike.
• The co-founders met when working in CMO and CTO roles for an innovative high-growth start-up in the UK. They then went on to launch award-winning start-up marketing community Brand Gathering (which was acquired in 2015), followed by Openr.
19 Jun 2015 08:30
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.