FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
These chocolate chip scones make a real change from the norm and are a perfect option for a picnic. Served with cream and fresh fruit, they are a delicious treat.
Prepare: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
250g self-raising flour
2 tsps baking powder
30g caster sugar
2 free-range egg
150ml Shaken Udder Chocolush milkshake
50g milk chocolate chips
Cream and fresh raspberries, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Lightly butter a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
3. Break one egg into a measuring jug and make up to 150ml with the Chocolush milkshake.
4. Stir the chocolate chips into the dry ingredients, then make a well in the centre and pour in the Chocolush and egg mixture.
5. Beat to mix and stir into a soft dough. Lightly knead until smooth. Beat the egg in a bowl.
6. Roll out the mixture to about 1cm thick and cut into rounds using a pastry cutter. Place on the baking tray and wash with the beaten egg.
7. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve with cream and raspberries.
About Shaken Udder
Shaken Udder and Shaken Udder Kids milkshakes are low fat, low sugar milkshakes that are packed with calcium and vitamin B12. Available from Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado. For more information visit www.shakenudder.com
08 May 2017 12:17
19 Dec 2016 14:09
31 Aug 2016 11:48
25 Aug 2016 12:49
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.