FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The winners of the inaugural Charity Film Awards were revealed tonight at a star-studded ceremony at BAFTA (London) and included Alzheimer’s Society, St John Ambulance and The Loss Foundation.
Celebrating the third sector’s use of video, whether for awareness, changing attitudes and behaviours, or fundraising, the Charity Film Awards winners were picked by a combination of public votes and a panel of expert judges, with more than 65,000 members of the public voting for their favourite charity films.
Hosted by British actress and comedienne – Sally Phillips, the Awards winners from tonight were:
- The People’s Choice Award: Soi Dog Foundation
- Long-Form / Documentaries Award: Restorative Justice Council with RWD / FWD, created with Fully Focused Productions
- £0-10,000 Turnover Award: Communities for Development with Bulambuli Valley
- £10-100,000 Turnover Award: The Loss Foundation with I Won’t Go Quiet
- £100-500,000 Turnover Award: Support and Love Via Education International
- £500,000-5m Turnover Award: The National Holocaust Centre and Museum with The Forever Project
- £5m - £50m Turnover Award: Royal Trinity Hospice with the Trinity Story
- £50m+ Turnover Award: Alzheimer’s Society with Memory Walk 2016
- Charity Film of The Year: St John Ambulance with the Chokeables Advert: Save a Choking Baby
To see the full list of winners, including silver, bronze and highly commended, please visit www.CharityFilmAwards.com
Amongst the audience were high-profile guests, including Lady Colin Campbell, Hayden Prowse, James Sutton, Daniel Jennings, Kelsey Hardwick, Stephanie Elswood, Luke Friend, Baroness Kate Parminter, Svet Kolchagov, Emilio Barba and Linda Robson.
“The Charity Film Awards celebrate how charities use video, whether for fundraising, raising awareness to change behaviour. The films that won this evening are stunning examples of modern charity communications,” commented Simon Burton co-founder of the Charity Film Awards. “We had over 375 charities enter the Awards and it is a great achievement for all those charities who made it through as Finalists. Congratulations to all the winning charities.”
To watch the winning Charity Film Awards videos, visit www.CharityFilmAwards.com
Senior Account Manager
Tel: +447798 807 657
Part PR company, part event organiser, Exposure Communications is a hive of creative energy and original ideas. We think with clarity and produce compelling content that makes a difference.
We’re imaginative, enterprising, occasionally eccentric and very well connected. We fascinated by the opportunities that combining social media and events creates and the way in which “technology” and “live” can work together. We’re as likely to delight in a well-crafted tweet as a well-organised trade-show or brilliantly executed PR campaign.
We have worked on events, projects and campaigns of all shapes and sizes, all around the world. Our clients include venues, destinations, event service suppliers and event organisers. We understand dynamics of these businesses and the event industry landscape which means our creative ideas are always underscored by commercial realism.
26 Apr 2018 11:30
17 Apr 2018 11:45
05 Dec 2017 13:00
02 Jun 2017 16:45
30 Mar 2017 12:00
For more information on JournoLink and how to receive more content like this, please visit https://journolink.com/journalists.