FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
08-11-2017 Celebrating small businesses in Stevenage: The Small Business Saturday Bus visit on 14th November
Stop by the Stevenage Town Centre (Danestrete, SG1 1HN) on Tuesday 14th November from 10am-2pm, for the Small Business Saturday Bus national tour. We are privileged that Stevenage is the only place the bus is stopping in Hertfordshire. The SBS team will be collaborating with key organisations with local relevance such as Stevenage Borough Council, The Business & Technology Centre (btc), Wenta, FSB, Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce, Herts Growth Hub, Herts LEP, The Prince’s Trust to name a few!
The 14th of November event will showcase the small business community in Stevenage with an exciting schedule of activities on the day, available on the Stevenage Borough Council website: http://www.stevenage.gov.uk/content/15953/189358/190144/SBS-Bus-Tour-2017-Prog.pdf
This event coincides with Global Entrepreneurship Week on the lead up to Small Business Saturday itself, which falls on Saturday 2nd December. On the 2nd of December, for Small Business Saturday itself there will be a secondary event, focused on showcasing small businesses to the wider Stevenage community with more details available on the Stevenage Town Centre website: http://www.stevenagetowncentre.com/whats-on/small-business-saturday-event/
Both events will celebrate small businesses for their efforts and contributions, supporting the local economy within their town.
Ralph Raynor, Executive Member for Economy, Enterprise and Transport at Stevenage Borough Council, said: “We are really looking forward to the Small Business Saturday Bus coming to Stevenage. It provides a really good opportunity to businesses to profile their offer, and to show our commitment to support small businesses in Stevenage.”
Amanda Freeland, Head of Service of the Hertfordshire Growth Hub, said: “The Hertfordshire Growth Hub will be there on the day, supporting small businesses and getting the message out about all the help and grant funding now available. Small Business Saturday is a great opportunity for businesses to get out, network, and hear inspiring speakers.”
Pam Charman, Chairman of the Hertfordshire branch of The Federation of Small Businesses said: “The Small Business Saturday Bus tour gives Stevenage SMEs an excellent chance to showcase their businesses, learn from mentors and network to strengthen the local business community.”
Charlotte Amner, Senior Marketing Executive of The Business & Technology Centre (btc) said: “We are now eagerly awaiting the bus visit next week, and I’m sure that all local small businesses will want to take advantage of the wonderful showcasing opportunities that both the 14th November and 2nd December events will provide them with.”
To find out more on the event taking place on the 14th November visit: www.stevenage.gov.uk/sbs
Notes for Editor
For more information contact:
Charlotte Amner – Senior Marketing Executive
The Business & Technology Centre
Bessemer Drive, Stevenage
Hertfordshire SG1 2DX
Tel: 01923 691371
Web: www.btcstevenage.co.uk / www.wenta.co.uk
Stevenage Borough Council
Tel: 01438 242520
• The masterminds of Small Business Saturday UK (SBS), a grassroots and non-commercial campaign that is focused on highlighting small business success and promoting local, independent businesses, has announced that Stevenage will be one of their 25 stops on a nationwide bus tour this autumn. Celebrating their 5th anniversary this year, this campaign is set to be its biggest yet. For more information on Small Business Saturday visit their website at: https://smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com/
• In 2016 customers across the nation spent £717m with small businesses on Small Business Saturday, an increase of 15% on the previous year. Over 80% of local authorities across the UK actively supported the campaign, including Stevenage Borough Council through a variety of initiatives such as the Speed Mentoring event that took place at The Business & Technology Centre.
• For more information on the event in Stevenage, visit the Stevenage Borough Council Website at:
• The Business & Technology Centre (btc) is owned by Stevenage Borough Council and managed by Wenta, one of the leading Enterprise Agencies in the East of England and a social enterprise.
• The btc was re-launched in 2009 following a multi million pound development to transform the centre into the primary Innovation and Technology Centre in Hertfordshire, aimed at supporting knowledge based businesses and promoting innovation within the local community. This development is part of the Council’s vision to create quality business space and support in the heart of the town’s business community and it is part of a £7M investment funded jointly by the Council and EEDA, the Regional Development Agency and the Government Growth Area Fund.
• The btc is the longest serving Enterprise Hub within the region promoting networking, the sharing of knowledge and cross trading. Working to develop innovation and inspire enterprise, the btc also works with local schools, colleges, other enterprise hubs and universities to offer educational visits, work experience, business advice and training.
• In 2016, the btc was awarded the ‘Enterprise Award’ for making a real difference to the local community at The Pride of Stevenage Awards.
• Wenta is a not for profit organisation independently funded through the ownership and management of its three business centres in Enfield, Potters Bar and Watford and the management of the btc in Stevenage. These business centres comprise workshops and offices with a combined space of over 100,000 square feet, let on monthly licence terms to small businesses.
Wenta are the leading Enterprise Agency in Herts and Beds offering Business Advice, Office/Workshop space and Education & Training programmes.
T: 0845 371 0891
More from Wenta
03 Jan 2018 16:00
22 Nov 2017 13:30
Copyright © 2019 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved
JournoLink Ltd is registered in England and Wales, No. 08783164. Registered Office: 9-11 Castle St, Cardiff CF10 1BS