UNDER EMBARGO UNTIL 10 October 2016 09:00
BExA launches today its 7th Annual benchmarking of UK Export Finance entitled “Driving export growth in uncertain times”.
Our Annual benchmarking analysis follows on closely from BExA’s Brexit Manifesto and identifies a number of key areas of Government support that require coordinated delivery through UKEF, DIT, DEEU, DfID, FCO and the British Business Bank using all the ‘levers of Government’ focussing on:
• Cohesive Government strategy for Brexit - ensuring UK exporters’ needs are realised under the new trade agreements that will be required for trading with the EU and other export destinations.
• Support to Small and Medium Sized companies
• UKEF Accessibility, Flexibility and Resourcing
• UKEF Medium term financing support
BExA believes that Brexit provides Government with a once in a lifetime opportunity to lay new foundations for UK export growth. Several Departments will have a role to play and those Departments engaging with exporters need to be co-ordinated and focussed on utilising this opportunity to achieve the objectives of the National Export Challenge.
UKEF will play an important part in supporting export growth and BExA is pleased that UKEF has demonstrated continued appetite for improvement and development. UKEF should be proud that it is now one of the world’s most well regarded Export Credit Agencies. BExA looks forward to continuing our work with UKEF to ensure its product range is as useful and accessible as possible for UK exporters.
BExA’s Co Chairman, Marcus Dolman commented ‘BExA asks Government to take advantage of the unique opportunity to drive export growth presented by Brexit and to deliver to UK exporters the Government support required to promote exports. UKEF have embraced a culture of continuous improvement and BExA calls on the rest of Government to follow their lead and make UK exports great once more.’
1) The full BExA paper “UK Export Finance: Driving export growth in uncertain times” can be viewed online at www.bexa.co.uk.
2) BExA represents British exporters and their service providers and takes a particular interest in the finance of exports and export credit insurance.
3) BExA believes there is a correlation between a country’s exports and the activities of its Export Credit Agency (ECA).
4) BExA contact: Michelle Treasure firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 020 7222 5419
BExA is an independent national trade association representing the interests of the export community. Established in 1940 as the National General Export Merchants Group, it became the British Export Houses Association and then in 1988 adopted the name of British Exporters Association when it recruited manufacturing companies as members.
• Lobbies UK Government Departments to provide world-class support to enable British Exports
• Provide wide-ranging networking opportunities across a range of Large Exporters, SME’s, Banks, Credit Insurers, Insurance Brokers and Legal firms.
• Provides practical advice to new, and experienced, exporters through free comprehensive guides and research papers.
Please see our website, www.bexa.co.uk, for more information on our activities and for details on how to contact us.
12 Jul 2016 09:00
24 Mar 2016 11:30
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved