FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Selecting a stylish outfit to wear to the races is so much fun. Will you go for a bright colour or muted palette? Do you fancy a wide-brimmed hat or a fascinator? Is the dress you love long enough to be dress code appropriate?
You put so much thought into your outfit, so it's a shame to ruin the look by removing your shoes. If you've ever ended up bare-foot or in flats at the end of a fabulous day at the races, we have just what you need.
We reached out to Susannah Davda of The Shoe Consultant Ltd(1) for her top tips on how to find comfortable, beautiful heels you can wear for the entire race day and into the evening.
Here are her 5 essentials:
1. Be sensible about heel height. 3" is a good limit for all-day wear.
2. Avoid platforms. These are great for comfortably wearing a higher heel on flat ground, but a recipe for ankle twisting on grass.
3. If the shoes are comfortable and fit you perfectly in the shop: buy them. If not, please please save your money. Don't compromise on fit and comfort.
4. Pick a chunkier heel than normal. Trying to avoid sinking into grass when you're wearing stilettos is annoying, and makes you walk rather strangely.
5. Make sure there is plenty of padding under the ball of your foot, and that it still feels cushioned when you're wearing the shoes. Some shoes have a thin bit of padding that does nothing when worn.
With numerous glamorous race days coming up, you can be the smart one still wearing her shoes whilst others go bare-foot.
Cheltenham Festival Ladies' Day - Wednesday 15th March
Aintree Ladies' Day - Friday 7th April
Genting Casino Nottingham Ladies Day - Saturday 13th May
Epsom Investec Ladies' Day - Friday 2nd June
Royal Ascot Ladies' Day Gold Cup - Thursday 22nd June
Newmarket Ladies' Day - Thursday 13th July
Qatar Goodwood Festival Ladies' Day - Thursday 3rd August
York Ladies' Day - Thursday 24th August
Chester Ladies' Day - Saturday 26th August
About The Shoe Consultant Ltd
Susannah Davda has over 20 years’ experience in in the creative and business aspects of the footwear industry.
Whilst studying for a BA (Hons) Degree in Footwear Design, she worked in five different shoe shops. After graduation she spent many years working for footwear brands and retailers, within the UK market and internationally.
Susannah set up as an Independent Footwear Consultant in 2015, based near London. She advises shoe brands globally, and has helped lots of exciting shoe companies; from start-ups to established businesses.
With a popular blog, two published books, and regular speaking engagements including BBC radio and ITV News, mum of one Susannah is fast becoming the most sought after shoe expert in the UK.
More from The Shoe Consultant Ltd
04 Feb 2019 14:40
29 Oct 2018 15:24
07 Nov 2017 06:45
14 Aug 2017 11:45
11 Apr 2017 16:30
Copyright © 2019 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved
JournoLink Ltd is registered in England and Wales, No. 08783164. Registered Office: 9-11 Castle St, Cardiff CF10 1BS