FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Glastonbury is upon us so it’s finally time to ‘don’ the short shorts, wellies and cowboy hats. But for those of us who haven’t seen the sun (or perhaps the gym) in months, this can be a daunting prospect.
Recent figures show a staggering two-thirds of people are tied to their desks without even getting chance to head out for a lunch break. With this in mind, GLORIOUS! Soups has worked with industry experts to develop some tips to support staying slim at work and getting Glasto-ready when people are so busy they struggle to leave the office:
1. Drink plenty of water: Out in the sunshine for long days and nights will take its toll on your body so dietitian and lecturer at Cardiff Metropolitan University Vicky Gould suggests upping your water intake now. She said: “Drinking enough fluid is vital to maintain good health. Our bodies need around two litres of water a day to stay hydrated, and more than this if the temperature rises or we are exercising. Water is the perfect way to hydrate healthily as is it calorie free – perfect if you are watching your weight. In addition, our bodies can sometimes confuse the signals of thirst with hunger, so if you are tempted to snack try a drink of water first. You might actually be thirsty!”
2. Don’t skip breakfast: Studies show eating a healthy breakfast is a brilliant way to start the day as not only does it help maintain concentration levels at work, it will also keep you full so you’re less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks. Amy Walker, brand manager at MOMA Foods commented: “Eating a proper breakfast at your desk when you get to work gives you the fuel and energy you need to help you take on the day and win! Oats are one of nature’s best ingredients to break the fast with each morning as they’re packed with goodness and slow release energy. Instant porridge such as MOMA ensures you have a delicious, balanced and super easy start to the day.”
3. Stock up on healthy snacks: The NHS’ Change4Life website recommends getting rid of the temptation to reach for the office cake by stocking up on healthy snacks. Apple slices dipped in nut butter are bang on trend at the moment as a healthy but delicious snack to eat at your desk and there are countless varieties of nut butter available on the supermarket shelves, including more unusual varieties such as almond, cashew and macadamia.
4. Stand up to get slim: Personal trainer Jenny Cromack from Motiv8 said sitting down for long periods of time may slow your weight loss. She said: “It’s a great idea to set an alarm to remind you to stand up every half an hour, even if it’s just to stretch your legs or make a cup of tea. Studies have found that a 130lb woman burns 78 calories per hour sitting ‘quietly’, whereas she will burn 99 calories whilst standing ‘quietly’. Invest in a standing desk and this will help you burn even more calories as you work and may also help to improve your posture.”
5. Eat a healthy but filling lunch: According to a recent study by GLORIOUS! Soups, two-thirds of women (68%) think the term ‘comfort food’ has negative connotations and over half (55%) said it makes them feel sluggish. But thanks to GLORIOUS! Soups’ Skinnylicious range of light and healthy soups, you can indulge in delicious comfort food that is packed with vitamins and minerals, low in salt and sugar and fewer than 150 calories per portion. Because GLORIOUS’ Skinnylicious soups are so light but filling they are the perfect slimming lunch choice for the summer season.
Brand and Category Innovation Manager at GLORIOUS!, Claire Roper commented: “Many people have the preconception that healthy low calorie foods are dull, boring and have no flavour. But our GLORIOUS! Skinnylicious range is proof that you can eat delicious and filling, yet light and healthy comfort foods while sitting at your desk at work. They’re the perfect solution for helping you look your best for this summer’s festivals.”
The Skinnylicious soups are available in a variety of delicious flavours; Bangalore Lentil Daal, Fragrant Thai Carrot, Singapore Crushed Tomato, Sicilian Tomato and Balsamic, Goan Tomato and Lentil, Limited Edition Russian Beetroot, New England Butternut Squash and Spanish Red Pepper, Tomato and Chorizo. They are available in 600g pots in ASDA, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons and Ocado with an RRP of £2.
GLORIOUS! fresh soups made with authentic global flavours inspired by our adventures around the world #GloriousAdventures
17 Aug 2017 09:15
15 May 2017 10:30
18 Jan 2017 14:00
10 Jan 2017 09:00
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved