FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Business & Technology Centre (btc) on Bessemer Drive, Stevenage currently has 99 businesses based within their offices and workshops, as well as 37 new start-ups using their shared workspace facility. The centre will be holding a client Thank You Event for a second year, based on the success of the previous year! The event will be hosted by the managing agent of the btc and not-for-profit organisation, Wenta, in partnership with Stevenage Borough Council.
Set to take place on the 16th March (12:00-16:30), the event is completely free and will feature a complimentary lunch, networking opportunities, an exhibition of btc and Wenta client businesses, plus so much more! It's our way of thanking all our loyal customers and clients. We are also excited to offer our clients three hot-topic masterclasses at the event, two of which have been created by our own btc client businesses. The GDPR masterclass will be presented by 'Trust Business Partners' and the Digital Marketing masterclass will be presented by 'Relton Associates'. The PR masterclass has been designed by 'JournoLink', a team of PR experts with an online platform of PR tools who also attended and presented at the event last year.
The food will provided by btc bistro management company ‘EatLunch’ and we are certain that the free lunch, teamed with a fun and professional atmosphere, will provide a relaxed approach to networking and knowledge sharing. knowledge sharing.
Councillor, Ralph Raynor from Stevenage Borough Council said: “We are proud of the calibre of local businesses we’ve got working at the btc and look forward to supporting the ‘Thank You’ event to acknowledge all the work they do. I would encourage anyone thinking about starting in business or a new business looking for advice or workspace to get in touch with the btc, as the facilities and the support on offer are excellent’”
Councillor, Sharon Taylor from Stevenage Borough Council said: “The Business Technology Centre is a great asset for Stevenage and the wider economy. It provides quality incubation space and opportunities to encourage and help start-up businesses in a very supportive business environment. It also supports the growth and development of young businesses, therefore encouraging and enhancing the development of the local economy and contributing to the areas job creation.”
Senior Marketing Executive, Charlotte Amner from the btc and Wenta said: “We are so excited to be able to offer our clients another fabulous opportunity to attend an event that has been designed specifically for them. We are so thankful to all of our clients who have chosen to work with us, whether they’ve met with an advisor, hired meeting rooms, attended training or utilised any of our other services, because without them there could be no us!”
12:00 - 13:00
Lunch, networking and exhibition
13:00 - 13:15
Welcome and guest speaker
13:15 - 13:30
'In a nutshell' business pitches
13:30 - 14:00
GDPR Masterclass, presented by Trust Business Partners
14:00 - 14:15
14:15 - 14:45
Digital Marketing Masterclass, presented by Relton Associates
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 15:45
Presented by Journolink
15:45 - 16:30
Coffee, networking and exhibition
For more information and to book your place at the event, please visit the btc website: www.btcstevenage.co.uk/btc-thank-you-event
If you’re looking for new workspace, business start-up advice or would like more information on the btc visit www.btcstevenage.co.uk or call 01438 310000.
Notes for Editor
For more information contact:
Charlotte Amner – Senior Marketing Executive
Business & Technology Centre
Bessemer Drive, Stevenage
Hertfordshire SG1 2DX
Tel: 01923 691371
Web: www.btcstevenage.co.uk / www.wenta.co.uk
• The Business & Technology Centre (btc) is owned by Stevenage Borough Council and managed by Wenta, one of the leading Enterprise Agencies in the East of England and a social enterprise.
• The btc was re-launched in 2009 following a multi million pound development to transform the centre into the primary Innovation and Technology Centre in Hertfordshire, aimed at supporting knowledge based businesses and promoting innovation within the local community. This development is part of the Council’s vision to create quality business space and support in the heart of the town’s business community and it is part of a £7M investment funded jointly by the Council and EEDA, the Regional Development Agency and the Government Growth Area Fund.
• The btc is the longest serving Enterprise Hub within the region promoting networking, the sharing of knowledge and cross trading. Working to develop innovation and inspire enterprise, the btc also works with local schools, colleges, other enterprise hubs and universities to offer educational visits, work experience, business advice and training.
• Wenta is a not for profit organisation independently funded through the ownership and management of its three business centres in Enfield, Potters Bar and Watford and the management of the btc in Stevenage. These business centres comprise workshops and offices with a combined space of over 100,000 square feet, let on monthly licence terms to small businesses.
• In 2016, the btc was awarded the ‘Enterprise Award’ for making a real difference to the local community at The Pride of Stevenage Awards.
Wenta are the leading Enterprise Agency in Herts and Beds offering Business Advice, Office/Workshop space and Education & Training programmes.
T: 0845 371 0891
More from Wenta
03 Jan 2018 16:00
22 Nov 2017 13:30
Copyright © 2018 JournoLink Ltd. All Rights Reserved